Assistant/Associate Professor of Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering
Rafik Hariri University
Rafik Hariri University invites applications for two full-time faculty positions in the Department of Mechanical & Mechatronics Engineering at the Assistant/Associate Professor ranks. Successful applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree in Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering or any closely related fields and exhibit passion to teaching, a firm commitment to student mentoring and learning and a proven record of research. Priority will be given to candidates with research emphasis in computer-aided design and manufacturing, product design and development, industrial automation, autonomous systems, robotics, and computer vision.
Duties and responsibilities
Successful candidates will commit to:
- Teaching mechanical and mechatronics engineering courses at the graduate and undergraduate levels; advising and mentoring of students; applying high impact teaching methods and modern instructional technologies.
- Conducting research and contributing to RHU’s ongoing research projects; submitting proposals for funding, publishing research work in peer reviewed journals and conferences, and collaborating with peers on ongoing multidisciplinary research effort.
- Rendering service to the college, university and community.
- Supporting the recruitment of undergraduate and graduate students.
- Contributing to assessment of student learning outcomes as part of the Department’s continuous improvement process
Educational and Special Requirements
Candidates must hold a Ph.D. in mechanical/mechatronics engineering or any other closely related field. A good publication track record will be an advantage. The applicant must also have strong communication skills and a good command of English language. Applicants must display a commitment to scholarly work and research that will lead to journal and conference publications. The ability to develop and maintain an effective working relationship with students, faculty, staff, administrators, and the internal and external publics of the Department is required.