Lecturer / Graphic Design Department in Damour, Chouf at Rafik Hariri University
Lecturer / Graphic Design Department
The Design Department at Rafik Hariri University is seeking highly qualified and motivated faculty members who are committed to innovative teaching for part-time positions. Prospective applicants must hold a Masters/M.F.A. degree in any Graphic Design field, and have interest and credentials for teaching core design courses. The Graphic Design program at RHU is a progressive and well-established program housed within the College of Arts & Sciences. The successful candidates are expected to exhibit passion for teaching, a firm commitment to student mentoring and learning, as well as innovative teaching skills.
Duties and responsibilities
Successful candidate will commit to:
- Teaching core design courses at the undergraduate level, apply modern teaching methods and innovative instructional technologies, and explore new technological advancements and creative trends in the field of graphic design.
- Participate in general faculty functions and departmental services and activities.
Educational and Special Requirements
The applicant must hold a MA or M.F.A degree in the following fields: Graphic Design, Visual Communication, Animation, Typography, Digital Media or any related field of Graphic Design. The applicant must have a good command of the English language and must show effective oral and written communication skills. Applicants must display a commitment to student learning; as well as maintain an effective working relationship with students, faculty, staff, and administrators. Desirable Qualifications:
- Teaching experience in this discipline
- Ability to incorporate technology into the classroom
- Knowledge of current best practices and trends in Graphic Design
- Advanced knowledge of digital media software applications such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe XD, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Dimension, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Animate, Adobe Dreamweaver.